There is still time to create those trendy hot chocolate Christmas gifts for your friends and loved ones. Last year’s hot chocolate bomb was the number one item on everyone’s Christmas list, and this year it is the hot chocolate flight. It’s like a beer or wine flight, but you can create them with or without alcohol.
You can create the hot chocolate flight as a fun treat for that family gathering or pack the items in a basket and give it to someone as a great Christmas gift. The alcohol you choose for your hot chocolate flight can vary depending on what the person drinking it likes. Below are my favorite spirits to mix with hot chocolate, along with how to create them.
- Wood Flight Board – I got this at Target, but they are also on Amazon
- Flight Glasses – I got these on Amazon
- Your Favorite Hot Chocolate – Pre-made
- Whipped Cream
- Candy Sprinkles – Have at least 4 or 5 different kinds
- Crushed Peppermint
- List Of Liquor
- Peppermint Infused Enchanted Rock Vodka
- Texas Ranger Coconut-Pecan Whiskey
- Irish Cream
- Marshmallow Vodka
- Make your hot chocolate and pour it into the glasses.
- Add ½ oz of liquor to each glass of hot chocolate.
- Top with marshmallows or whipped cream, or both.
- Add sprinkles to the top of the whipped cream or marshmallows.
Everyone loves a coffee bar in their home, or at least I do. My coffee bar also doubles as a hot chocolate bar during the winter months. This hot chocolate bar is not only easy to create, but it’s also relatively inexpensive. It is the perfect gift for the hot chocolate lover in your family.
- Wooden Crate
- 3 Mason Jars
- 3 Colors Of Glitter – I used red, green, and white
- Deco Art Decou Page
- Sponge Brush
- Paper Plate
- Hot Chocolate Mix
- Mini Marshmallows
- Candy Canes
- Coffee Mugs – I got mine at the Dollar Tree
- Paint the wooden crate with acrylic craft paint or leave a natural wood look.
- For the jars, paint the decoupage one side at a time.
- While the decoupage is still wet, pour the glitter over it.
- Repeat step 3 until the whole jar is covered in glitter.
- Let the jar dry for 20 minutes to an hour.
- Brush another layer of decoupage over the glittered jar, and pour the glitter over it again.
- Let the jar dry for an hour or so.
- Sponge another layer of decoupage over the glittered jar, and let it dry overnight. This will hold the loose glitter on.
- Fill the jars with your favorite hot chocolate items, including marshmallows, candy canes, and hot chocolate powder.
- Place the jars inside the crate and the coffee mugs on top of the crate.
Wrapped Hot Chocolate Gift Idea
Trendy hot chocolate Christmas gifts are so easy to create, and the hot chocolate gift tubes are fun and inexpensive. It’s a great way to give the yummy winter drink with all the fixings anyone could possibly want. I purchased these test tubes on Amazon, but I am sure you can get them at any craft store.
- Plastic Test Tubes
- Christmas Ribbon
- Rubber Band
- Candy Canes
- Instant Hot Chocolate Mix
- Small Chocolate Pieces
- Mini Marshmallows
- Peppermint Infused Vodka
- Candy Sprinkles
- Large Coffee Mug
- Fill each test tube with a different hot chocolate item.
- Use the rubber band to hold the bottles together so you can tie a bow around them.
- Tie a bow with the Christmas ribbon around the test tubes.
- You can add candy canes to the middle and place the gift kit in a large coffee mug for an added touch.