The air is getting crisper, the days are getting shorter and the leaves are turning brown. That’s right, fall is in the air! What better way to spice up your season by adding some fun new self-care regimens into your life. These simple recipes are perfect to try as we transition into the fall season!
Cinnamon Lip Scrub
Say goodbye to dry, cracked lips with this DIY cinnamon lip scrub! The cinnamon adds a plumping effect by increasing blood flow and circulation to your lips (and it tastes great too!) Finish with a hydrating lip balm like this one in order to seal in the moisture.
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine sugar, coconut oil, honey and cinnamon in a bowl until well mixed.
- Transfer into a small container and add a label if you wish.
- Apply a small amount to your lips and scrub in circular motions for a minute or two. Rinse off with a washcloth and enjoy soft, kissable and plumped lips!
Pumpkin Spice Body Scrub
Want to make your skin glow this fall? This DIY pumpkin spice body scrub will leave your skin feeling smooth. This is perfect to use before shaving to remove dead skin! Follow up with a moisturizing body lotion and enjoy your baby-soft skin.
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
15-25 drops pumpkin pie fragrance oil
Orange food coloring (optional)
- Combine sugars, coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice and fragrance oil in a bowl until well mixed.
- Add a few drops of orange food coloring if desired
- Transfer into a medium-sized jar or container (add a cute label if you desire!)
- Scoop out a generous amount in the shower and scrub your skin gently for a few minutes. Rinse with warm water and
Pumpkin Chai Latte
As the weather starts to get colder, there’s nothing better than enjoying a warm and refreshing drink. This pumpkin chai latte recipe is a perfect way to help you through the chillier months and it tastes delicious too!
1 tea bag of chai
1 cup milk of choice (almond, oat, coconut, etc.)
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon maple syrup
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
Pinch of salt
Cinnamon stick to garnish (optional)
Whipped cream to top (optional)
- In a saucepan, bring ½ cup to a gentle boil. When ready, add your tea bag and steep for desired time.
- Into the pan, add milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. If you want a thicker consistency, add your cornstarch. Mix until roughly combined.
- Transfer the contents of your saucepan into a blender and for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture back into your saucepan and heat on low heat until perfectly warmed to your liking.
- Pour into a cute fall-themed mug, top it off with whipped cream and a cinnamon stick (optional) and enjoy!
DIY Pumpkin Face Mask
Changing seasons can sometimes be rough on our skin. This DIY face mask is sure to give your skin all the loving and nourishment that it needs this fall! Pumpkin is full of many skin-friendly ingredients like vitamins A, C and E, which all work together to hydrate your skin. This recipe also contains raw honey, which is great for soothing inflammation, cleansing pores and moisturizing and brightening skin.
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon raw honey
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until well combined
- Apply to your skin with a brush or with clean hands.
- Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse off with a warm washcloth.
No matter what you need to do to take care of yourself this fall, these cute and simple fall recipes are a great way to kickstart the season. Happy fall!